Tuesday, July 16, 2013

From vacation to vacation . . . .

We survived our trip to NC with my parents! Actually, there wasn't a lot of hardship to survive or endure - my parents are wonderful traveling companions and easy to get along with. The worst part of the trip was the drive - we broke it into two parts on the way up, but ended up stuck on I-95 for two hours SITTING at the SC/GA border. (Nelly - can you come with a song for this one?) And as I was the "driver" I was stuck with nothing to do! Overall we had a blast and the wedding (the purpose of our trip) was beautiful. I also started my first "car" quilt and a little hand piecing of some half square triangles. I had a charm pack of MODA that was eons old, and then these little squares of Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille.


I am in love with every fabric in this line. Seriously. I am in the process of convincing myself that even though I vowed to only buy fabric I need for a project I have already planned out, these could be an exception. I envision skirts, dresses, quilts, placemats, bags . . . I need this fabric! *sigh* I'll keep you posted on my resolve!

There are only four more weeks of summer vacation . .


I also got another project cut out and got caught up on a little more Mad Men. (Season 4 Episode 10 here I come!!)
This is a baby quilt I am working on for a dear friend of mine who works at my *old* school. (Still feels weird saying that since the new school year has yet to begin.) She is a Florida Gator all the way, so I tried my best to embrace the orange and blue. I choose to use the Uncle Sam's Bow Tie pattern from Issue 5 of Quilt It magazine. It says easy, so it should be right up my alley. The baby shower is next weekend so I guess I need to light a fire!!

Hubs' 40th birthday was yesterday, so I've also got a few things left to get ready for his party on Friday night - Superhero themed! I can't wait to share photos of my party games!! (And hopefully a finished quilt!! :) )
xoxo, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment