Monday, July 7, 2014

Explosive Stitching!

Or . . . .  Supernova Friendship Swap Update!  It's now July and we're into our third month of the swap.  (Just in case you're not familiar with the swap it's being hosted by One million stitches and is based on the Supernova block created by Lee at Freshly Pieced.)  My wonderful and terribly patient partner is Sarah at Berry Barn Designs.  She has done well with my inability to follow a pattern correctly or respond to emails in timely manners!!!  Probably because she is a former teacher and has littles.  (Not sure what that says about me since I am a teacher and definitely not a little . . )

I love getting real mail so much.  I told my husband I was expecting this when he went to get the mail.  He came in with the package tucked into his shirt just so he could see my sad (no package) to happy (package) to mad (who hides mail) face when he pulled it out.


Okay onto the EXCITING part!!  I received my blocks in the mail yesterday and they are beautiful!  I'm going through a serious solids/tone on tone phase right now in my color choices and am so pleased that we chose to stick with a warm pallette and choose different hues of four colors - orange, yellow, pink, and coral.  I sent Sarah my light yellow block last month, and she sent me TWO blocks - light and dark coral.

Light Coral

Dark Coral

Sarah's blocks were also nice and starched . . . mine were NOT.  We also included 25 things about ourselves that our partner may or may not know/wanted to know.   I loved receiving this list in the mail instead of email.  Here are some things about Sarah:

She was born and raised in Cape Cod. (Since I love watching storms roll in this is very cool to me!)

She wants not one, but two cats.

Her favorite color is purple and she likes stripes.  (I love that this is the opposite of me - I gravitate to gray and polka dots.  Is she a secret Kaffe Fassett fan??)

This quilt is going to be beautiful when it is done.   The next block for me goes out on July 15th, so it's time to start cutting!  Thanks Sarah - these are perfect!

xoxo,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment