Sunday, October 4, 2015

100 Quilts for Kids

This year I decided that I really wanted to put a dent in my WIPs, and what better way than to start with quilts that could go towards a good cause.  (As the original intent/purpose behind any of these quilts has long been forgotten!)  I had seen 100 Quilts for Kids when it was hosted by Katie Blakesly of Swim Bike Quilt, and was pleased to come across the IG post by Quilts in the Queue, who was again hosting it.  I got right to work and finished two quilts!!

This is from the Supernova Friendship Swap (block by Freshly Pieced) that my partner and I decided not to finish!!  I kind of wish we had - it looks great!


This is the second quilt I ever started.  I quilted half of it and then quit.  

My mom made this one with fabric donated by the Tampa Modern Quilt Guild - lots of random novelty charms!!  She was worried it was a wonky size but kids don't care!!



Of course my assistant had a little too much fun holding the quilts!

The Supernova Quilt is heading to The Florida Baptist Children's home, a local group home in Lakeland, and my mom's and the economy block are going to Project Linus via our LQS, which is a collection site!

Take care and Happy Sewing!
 - Em


No comments:

Post a Comment