Monday, May 26, 2014

Carolyn Friedlander Meet Up!

Prepare yourselves, I'm probably going to sound like a fan girl for a minute . . . 

This past Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with some wonderful sewists hosted by Carolyn Friedlander.   She organized a very informal event at Bok Towers in Lake Wales, where she is currently displaying several pieces of her work that reflect Florida.  

If you've never had the chance to visit Bok Towers, you really should!  If you're an uber historic architecture nerd like me you should seriously add it to your to-do list!
This is a view of the actual tower - unfortunately I didn't get any of the doors - they are wonderful!
Check out the stained glass - how often do you seen the fauna and flora of Florida depicted?

                                      Check out some of Carolyn's work below and my terrible photography skills!




This is my mom  sewing buddy meeting some fabulous Florida sewists!

Carolyn with some more of the folks who came.  Check out that gorgeous quilt on the wall!
After everyone met and chatted, we had lunch and then sewing buddy and I had to head back to town!
She even gave us FREE FABRIC!!!
I can add these mini charms to my epic HST road trip quilt!  (Stylishly displayed in that ziploc bag!)




No comments:

Post a Comment