Sunday, January 26, 2014

Library Quilt Along

Well, I'm totally late to this party.  (Mostly because I thought the link up was January 27, not the 17 - whoops!)   So I think I'm out of the running for any prizes (LOL, one week in and I'm DQed) BUT I'm still going to participate because I love the idea!  Adrienne at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts challenged readers to create at least 4 quilts from patterns they already had in their stash by December!  EASY . . . .  right?  Except I too am guilt of owning quite a few books and magazines from which no quilts have come forth.  Wah wah.  Okay, so without further ado, here are my choices:

1.  Becoming a Confident Quilter by Elizabeth Dackson. (side note - Elizabeth is leader of the Tampa Modern Quilt Guild, and she is AWESOME!!)
 
The quilt I've chosen to make is called "X Marks the Spot".  There are actually quite a few quilts in this book I'd like to make, but since I'm pretty sure I have the fabric I want to for this one, it's going to be first!

 
Next up is Simply Modern Christmas by Cindy Lammon.  As you can see from my awesome sideways picture, this book is from the library!!  I have checked it out on three different occasions (and of course it is currently overdue!) so it's time to commit.  Amazon - here I come!

 
I'm going to start with the argyle quilt.  It just looks fun.  But not in Christmas colors.

 
Then is Simply Retro by Camille Rosekelly.  I know what you're thinking - retro in the modern QAL???  Well, I LOVE Bonnie and Camille fabric and patterns, so too bad.

 
I'm making Swell - literally.  I started cutting on January 3rd and I have 7 blocks finished.  It's the first quilt in the book.  Not my favorite, but a good stash buster for all the fabric I thought I was in love with back in 2012.

 
I love Quilty magazine so much.  And I have all the issues.  And I've made one quilt from them.  (Offset by Jeni Baker)  And I like a lot of the quilts in the magazine.  And I'm pretty sure I've progressed to Beginner Level 3, by their standards.  And its time to stop rambling and say . . .

 
I'm going to make Play a Card.  Probably in these same colors as well.

 
So there are my choices.  And I'm marking my calendar for the next link up party.  Maybe I'll get it right this time!  Happy creating - xoxo, Em,

No comments:

Post a Comment